Monday, October 29, 2012

Chillingsworth Manor Ornament *Echo Park*

I love sparkly holidays so I have a Nightmare Before Christmas black Halloween Tree. As soon as I saw this "Chillingsworth Manor" collection from Echo Park, I knew I had to make an ornament just so that I could put this little Nibbles the Mouse sticker on it. Ok, he might be a rat but I don't like rats so at my house he is a mouse.


I used a paper mache ornament shape from Hob Lob and just covered it with this gorgeous "Chillingsworth Manor" paper. If you haven't seen the individual papers in this collection yet, just click on it - there are a ton of really cool tags and journaling blocks but I love paper and its really good stuff. Anyway, on each edge I punched some flowers and put a pearl head straight pin into the ornament with some Gorilla Glue super glue. My Granny used to make lots of pin, bead, sequin, stryrofoam ball ornaments and the key is to dip the pin into white glue before putting it in the ball but this is a paper mache shape and its hollow inside so super glue is best. Same thing for the top - straight pin, glass bead, flowers. At the bottom I wanted a tassel so I used some really long black fringe and wrapped it around in a coil, glued it and stuck a pin thru it to hold it in place - also superglue. Then the trick is to put it high enough on the tree so that Figaro and Noel don't see that black fringe. LOL! I will share other photos of the tree later. I think I got some good photos on my new phone. I actually think with this black tree, the phone does better than my real camera because I am just not that good with lighting settings.

7 comments:

Tamera said...

Fantastic! I need to find some of those ornaments -- sending Mom to HL to get me some! The fringe is great! And you did such a nice job getting the edges so perfectly aligned!

Heidi Smith said...

So cute! Love the layered stickers on here too. ;)

Cassandra Cooper said...

oh fun...little nibbles was my favorite character in the collection! Love how you turned it into an ornament and that you have a Halloween tree!

Madeline said...

Your Halloween tree is so cool! Beautiful ornament!

nancyburke said...

LOVE this ornament! You have the most fabulous Halloween tree ever!!!

Michelle said...

Love it! Love the tassel you added!

scrapbookertink said...

Love the tree and that rat lol mouse is adorable x