Wednesday, February 05, 2014

a couple of Disney pages

This past weekend I decided to dig deep into my stash and participate in some challenges to get old Disney photos scrapped. It really is fun to actually use those old papers and products. These two layouts are for color challenges.

I went a bit lighter with my colors because there were white flowering trees and plants all over Disneyland in February when we went. Love those bronze characters around the partners statue. I used My Mind's Eye and BasicGrey papers, BasicGrey brads, and sequins.




This next page has photos that I was avoiding because of the colors of the guitar and the colors of my family's shirts. I used papers from Crate paper, DCWV, and My Mind's Eye. For the black elements, I used a black sparkly embossing powder on wood veneers and heat embossed.  The thin black stripes are washi tape. My favorite part is the red stars - you can probably tell in the close up that they are cork. I used the DCWV colored Cork Stack and punched the stars. Super fun stack.







4 comments:

Tracey said...

These are just fabulous pages Susan!!

Susan Stringfellow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madeline said...

Love how you used the sequins! And yes, photos of that roller coaster guitar are tricky. I've yet to scrap that one of Kevin and Laura. Focusing on the black and red worked so well!

Tamera said...

So, I know you didn't write the second comment because I know you know these aren't both at Disney WORLD. ;-D But the sentiment is very sweet none-the-less and I totally agree with it otherwise. You always inspire me to want to grab all my Disney pictures and scrap.

First - the Disneyland hub statues layout is so beautiful! Fabulous pictures!
Secondly I am so proud of you for scrapping those Rockin Rollercoaster pictures. I know the shirt colors drove you crazy, but the layout is terrific. I especially love the embossed wood veneer gears.