Wednesday, April 16, 2014

2 layouts using the April Scraptastic kit

Today I wanted to share a couple of layouts that I created with my April Scraptastic kits for the Scraptastic Blog.

I really have enjoyed playing with this Let Me Go kit, Add on kit, and Stamp Set. I wanted to share a couple of my layouts and show you some ways I like to use the stamps and some of the scraps from the kits as well.
For my first layout I began with a neutral cardstock for my background and I chose to stamp with light inks in the upper left corner and middle right, directly on the background. My aqua ink is a light shadow type ink, but the pink and gold are bolder so I stamped them first on a scrap of paper and then stamped onto my page so they would look lighter.





 I decided that it would be fun to die cut the state and title from patterned paper and if you haven't used an ombre paper for a cut title, you just have to give it a go. I love the effect. Its my favorite thing to do with ombre paper.



For my second layout I did some stamping that might work better for you if you aren't comfortable stamping directly onto your layout.
I created coordinating tags with a camera theme to go with my photos of vintage cameras that I took while antiquing. I stamped a pale aqua map image multiple times onto the light patterned paper with dots and then cut 4 tag shapes and layered with embellishments. These tags really are so much fun to make and you could use kit scraps and just keep tags on hand for future layouts.





I also used the scalloped outline stamp from the Worth Wondering Stamp set. I stamped it twice onto a scrap of patterned paper directly with black ink and just cut it out and used it as an accent next to the photos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These LOs are great. I travel to CA often to visit family and friends and I think I may have to recreate this for my books. The title is beautiful with the ombre paper.

Tamera said...

Im terrified of stamping on my background paper but want to do it so much! I have tons of great stamps and am terrified to use them. I need to suck it up. LOL Maybe practice on some scrap paper first.

The california title and state rock! Favorite part of that amazing layout with all the layers and embellishments.

Those mini tags are wonderful. I just love how you are able to layer and add things in clusters so you just want to keep looking at it.

Laurie Zeller said...

Stamping directly on a layout is intimidating! But I love the effect you've created by doing so.