Monday, August 11, 2014

This Life Noted - *August Scraptastic Club

At Scraptastic the "This Life Noted" kits each month are designed to work with pocket page layouts mostly. Here is the August This Life Noted kit. I know that some of you guys don't scrap using the pocket pages and some of you are doing a little bit of the pocket pages while also doing traditional layouts or cards. I mostly scrap 12x12 traditional layouts and a card or two here and there. When I looked at the kits this month, I really liked the This Life Noted kit and wanted to give it a go because all of the elements looked so fun. So I am going to share a few of my creations today as an example of another way to use these kits.
For my first layout I started with cardstock from my stash for the background and worked with a block design to feature my photo. I felt like the Pleasure Pier photo needed some banners. I punched some tiny banner shapes from a couple of the cards in the kit so that they would coordinate nicely.

I also used the wonderful Brush Script stamp set to create part of my title. I stamped the letters touching, and heat embossed on vellum, then cut out my title and mounted it using foam tape for dimension.

For the background dots I used a DCWV stencil and gesso. 

This paperclip is a wood veneer element but I really wanted it to be lime green so I used lime green embossing power to cover the surface and it turned out really well. 


 For my next layout I began with cardstock from my stash for the background and also for a circle die cut design. I cut or punched the cards to suit my page design. even the banners in the upper left are cards. The green strip is two pieces cut from one card. I love the cards as they are sometimes, but they work great in pieces so next time you get cards think of how they can be altered for your creations. I added a little bit of twine and paint from my stash as well. Also the cute little arrow and star stamps are from the August This Life Noted Stamp Set and the August Celebration Stamp Set.



 And finally I wanted to share a birthday card that I made using this kit because it was alot of fun. I loved the calendar card so I cut out the calendar and circled the birthdate. I stamped the Happy Birthday from the August Celebration Stamp Set onto one of the cards and heat embossed with yellow embossing powder.
And a close up just because its cute



1 comment:

Madeline said...

You did such a fabulous job using the This Life Noted kit! All the bits and pieces are so fun, especially those little flags!